Creating your Contact page
A Contact form is essential for any artist looking to promote their work online; how else can potential buyers get in touch? Creating your Contact page with the Klasik theme couldn’t be easier. Let’s get started.
1. From your WordPress dashboard, go to Pages>Add New.
2. Give your page a title.
3. Choose ‘Contact’ from the Template drop-down menu.
4. Create a simple ‘Call to Action’ to invite visitors to get in touch. Type this in the visual editor.
5. Scroll down and type a title for the page in the ‘Page Title’ field. Be aware that this is the title that will actually show – the one you entered earlier is for WordPress reference only.
6. In the ‘Contact Form Send Button’ field, type the Hex value for the colour you have been using for links.
7. Unless you feel you need a map (to let visitors know where you are based) I would advise scrolling down once again and checking the box labelled ‘Disable Map’. Why limit yourself by appealing only to buyers in a specific area?
8. Click ‘Publish’.
If you’ve followed all of the tutorials in Section 2: Building your Artist Website, you should now have beautiful Home, About, Gallery and Contact pages. If you require more pages, go ahead and get creative. If you feel that you still have knowledge gaps when creating pages in WordPress, adding and formatting text and upload images, check out our General WordPress tutorial.